Due to continued growth within our Direct and Partner Sales Channels, we’re looking to recruit an experienced, professional, proactive, IT Systems Analyst.
Our team is passionate about delivering first class service to our customers.
Though technically astute, the successful candidate will be commercially minded and be able to describe complicated technical issues to non-technical members of the business as well as clients. This is a new role to complement our existing technical resource and will offer excellent potential for career progression for the right candidate.
This position requires a broad technical background as you will be working with a variety of systems and technologies across the telecoms and IT sectors to deliver the best solution available in the marketplace to our clients. The role is extremely varied and will involve remote diagnostics, client support, installation, cabling, commissioning, and maintenance.
The role will be based at our Glasgow City Centre Office, but will require travel to client sites throughout Scotland, therefore, a driving license is essential for this role!
Main Duties include:
- This is a customer facing role to include service, installation, general programming and fault finding on a wide variety of telephone systems, broadband routers, networks etc.
- Providing technical expertise to the sales and service teams in addition to clients via telephone, Webex and face to face meetings
- Managing third parties / equipment vendors to ensure product requirements and delivery timescales are achieved
- Meeting with potential and existing suppliers to discuss the technical specification of new products and services
Skills and experience required:-
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of LANs, WANs and networking would be an advantage
- Hosted telephony- Installation, Maintenace and support
- Routing protocols – General IP routing, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IP Multicast, etc.
- PC and server hardware components and configuration
- Installation and configuration of desktop operating systems and applicationsDisaster recovery and business continuity services (particularly cloud back up services)
- A consultative approach with experience of providing outstanding customer service.
- Confident liaising at a senior level, utilising excellent communication skills to build long standing relationships.
- An organised and methodical approach to paperwork
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and proactive towards learning and personal development. We are committed to training and development and invest a significant amount of money each year in each of our team for training courses to achieve additional qualifications.
Any technical, engineering, IT, or telecoms qualifications, specifically Microsoft certifications or a CCNA would be an advantage, however, we are equally committed to speaking to candidates with an excellent history of practical work experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant and expanding company. In reward for your hard work and experience, you will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary, 33 days holiday, a generous pension scheme, life insurance and a company bonus scheme.
To apply for this role, send your CV with a covering letter (clearly stating your key technical achievements and your salary expectations) to email@example.com or apply online.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. You should receive a form of response within 28 days of applying.