What will role entail?
We’re looking to recruit a professional, proactive, Business Development Manager to join our Field Sales Team in Glasgow City Centre. The role will be field based so we're looking for candidates who live within and outwith the Glasgow area.
The successful candidate must have experience of achieving sales targets in a business environment, ideally in an IT or Telecoms environment. Full training will be provided.
Main Duties include:
- Lead generation- this is a new business role and will be required to source your own leads in addition to those provided to you.
- A minimum of 3 years B2B sales experience (at least 2 years face to face sales experience in a business to business environment) gained within the telecoms industry. BT experience would be a distinct advantage.
- A proven track record of consistent sales achievement within a targeted sales environment.
- Broad commercial and financial acumen with experience in negotiating contracts.
- A consultative approach with experience of providing outstanding customer service.
- Confident liaising at a senior level, utilising excellent communication skills to build long-standing relationships.
Skills and experience required:-
- Confidence and an assertive, but polite, manner and the ability to work well in a busy and pressurised environment with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- An organised and methodical approach to paperwork
- Ability to create a working rapport with clients
- Good knowledge of IT Systems – Particularly, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated and proactive towards learning and personal development
- A team player
- Experience working with BT or any other IT or Telecoms environment would be a distinct advantage. As would experience selling cloud/hosted systems and MPLS, Leased lines and other data products/solutions.
Any technical, engineering, IT, or telecoms qualifications would be a distinct advantage, however, we are willing to look at applications from people who can demonstrate a history of high sales achievement and have a good understanding of social media.
To apply for this role, send your CV with a covering letter (clearly stating your key sales achievements and your salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org