What will the role entail?
Due to rapid growth, we’re looking to recruit a professional, proactive, motivated Business Development Executive to join our desk based sales team in Glasgow City Centre.
The successful candidate must have experience of achieving sales targets in a business environment, ideally in an IT or Telecoms environment. This is a new role within the business to complement our existing team, which will provide the right candidate with lots of opportunities to develop and grow the responsibilities within the role.
This role is specifically focused on the new business development and initially, there will be no account management involved.
Main Duties include:
- Selling broadband, calls and lines and mobile packages to new business clients
- Making contact (by telephone, e-mail or social media) with prospective clients to ascertain who they use for their current Telecoms/IT services and promoting CommsFM to them as an alternative supplier.
- Making client appointments for larger/complex opportunities for the field sales team
- Updating our internal CRM system with prospect information and sales
- Making outbound calls to follow up on product specific marketing campaigns
- Using social media (primarily Linkedin and Twitter) to promote CommsFM
- Attending regular training courses and webinars to keep up to date with the latest products and services available in the marketplace.
- General administrative duties
Skills and experience required:-
- Strong communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- An organised and methodical approach to paperwork/admin
- Ability to create long-term working relationships and rapport with business clients
- Confidence and an assertive, but polite, manner and the ability to work well in a busy and pressurised environment with minimal supervision
- The ability to use social media to engage with clients (potential and existing)
- Self-motivated and proactive towards learning and personal development
- A team player who proactively shares ideas, knowledge and resources
- Good knowledge of IT systems – Particularly, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience of working with BT or any other IT or Telecoms environment would be a distinct advantage
- High attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to negotiate under pressure
- Ability to learn the technical aspects of new products and services and articulate them to others
To apply for this role, send your CV with a covering letter (clearly stating your key sales achievements and your salary expectations) to email@example.com
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. You should receive a form of response within 28 days of applying.